Datsun reveals the GO+, a 7-seater MPV, in Indonesia - Datsun Go Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2013, 10:35 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Datsun reveals the GO+, a 7-seater MPV, in Indonesia

We can stop speculating what one of the other Datsun cars will be now since the company has revealed the Datsun Go+. This is a 7-seater MPV, and when I say "7-seater" I mean if you pack it full like a clown car.

The GO+ is very similar to the GO. It uses the same 1.2L 3-cylinder engine that produces 68 HP, and the interior layout looks almost the same. One of the main differences is the folding third row of seats.

The 7-seater GO+ is a smart move for Datsun since people in emerging markets have a tendency to cram far more people in their vehicles than are really supposed to be there. So what is meant to fit 7 people tightly, will likely fit a good dozen.

The GO+ will cost $8,500 USD, which is just a bit more than the smaller Datsun GO.

Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:42 AM   #2 (permalink)

Same engine? But carrying more people? I would imagine with a full load in the car and with air conditioning on this car probably isn't even going to move.
cityruler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityruler View Post
Same engine? But carrying more people? I would imagine with a full load in the car and with air conditioning on this car probably isn't even going to move.
considering that a lot of people buying these are coming from a means of transportation thats slower and lower in power, motorcycles, bicycles, walking, this should be good enough for them.

for industralized countries I know it will need to break the 100Hp mark, or at least get close enough
DSG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2013, 12:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

does anyone know what the Mazda MPV is?
Old 09-23-2013, 05:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
does anyone know what the Mazda MPV is?
Multi-Purpose Vehicle

I guess calling it a wagon would be inappropriate and not something that suits it. Looking at it, MPV seems to be the only suitable name
Old 09-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
The Mazda MPV (Multi-Purpose Vehicle) is a minivan manufactured by Mazda. Introduced in 1989 as a rear-wheel-drive model with optional selectable four-wheel drive, it was replaced in 2000 with a front-wheel-drive-only version. Over one million MPV models had been produced since its introduction.[
Where does mazda tie in to this?

It was just a name and more so because it came optional via rwd and 4wd.
Itaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:27 PM   #7 (permalink)

Yeah it's just a name, I think at the time Mazda was one of the only car makers using it, so when ever anyone heard about an MPV, it's Mazda's old Van
Old 10-24-2013, 04:08 PM   #8 (permalink)

Here is a video in case you've never seen it

Old 10-29-2013, 12:39 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Here is a video in case you've never seen it

2014 Datsun GO + - Exterior Interior - YouTube
At least the exterior doesn't look as bad as the Interior. Interior on the go is a disaster, but most people buying it won't care as it's a super cheap car.
datsunfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:09 PM   #10 (permalink)

Since the Go is turning into the Nissan Micra, will the Go+ will turn into a Nissan vehicle s well. I'm not sure if it would really have a market in North America. I guess there would be a demand for a city car with just a bit more cargo capacity. I guess the whole mini bus thing that the Go+ has going on wouldn't really appeal to Westerners. They would prefer something much bigger, like a true SUV.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote