Datsun GO Cargo Van - Datsun Go Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2013, 04:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Datsun GO Cargo Van

i think it would be a great idea if Datsun builds a cargo van based on the GO 7 seater platform. Since the GO is being sent to growing nations, they could also used a cheap and reliable cargo vehicle for their businesses.
g0tti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0tti View Post
i think it would be a great idea if Datsun builds a cargo van based on the GO 7 seater platform. Since the GO is being sent to growing nations, they could also used a cheap and reliable cargo vehicle for their businesses.
they wouldnt even have to do it as cargo van. Datsun could just use the GO MPV as a panel van.

get rid of back seats, eliminate windows and there is now a flat delivery space without much effort at all. Its a good idea, but they dont need a whole new model..
thatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatson View Post
they wouldnt even have to do it as cargo van. Datsun could just use the GO MPV as a panel van.

get rid of back seats, eliminate windows and there is now a flat delivery space without much effort at all. Its a good idea, but they dont need a whole new model..
exactly, that's much easier than having to develop a whole new body, engine, etc. technically though this is still a cargo van, just a mini-van based cargo van.

datsunfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2013, 12:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by datsunfan View Post
exactly, that's much easier than having to develop a whole new body, engine, etc. technically though this is still a cargo van, just a mini-van based cargo van.

same thing though, no rear seats and stripped down. In fact i could see many people buying a Datsun GO panel van and putting bench seats in the back, length wise, and using it like a bus or communal taxi..
Old 09-27-2013, 01:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
same thing though, no rear seats and stripped down. In fact i could see many people buying a Datsun GO panel van and putting bench seats in the back, length wise, and using it like a bus or communal taxi..
Isn't that basically what the Go+ is already. It has a trunk with fold down seats for extra people, or you could use that space for cargo.

I am skeptical that this is the way that Datsun should go with its next model.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:15 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0tti View Post
I agree it shouldn't be hard to do so anyways since there isn't much to the interior of a basic cargo van. It would be another great addition to their line up .
Itaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:29 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Isn't that basically what the Go+ is already. It has a trunk with fold down seats for extra people, or you could use that space for cargo.

I am skeptical that this is the way that Datsun should go with its next model.
fold down seats take space, were talking about no seats. Datsun GO panel van would be good for booming business environment in SE asia
Old 09-29-2013, 01:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
fold down seats take space, were talking about no seats. Datsun GO panel van would be good for booming business environment in SE asia
Panel van is really the way to go, plus if they just work in the interior it would cut costs and give people a really cool looking panel van, it might even spark interest in North America
g0tti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:13 PM   #9 (permalink)

I'm still not completely convinced by this panel cargo van idea. While I get that people in SE Asia need to transport things in vans as well, I just never have thought of Datsun as being a commercial vehicle company in anyway. Especially with just re-launching the brand, I think that Datsun will concentrate on passenger vehicles instead of cargo vehicles.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:05 PM   #10 (permalink)

They would need to fit a larger engine in probably. Or all that extra load isn't going to go anywhere.

A diesel engine wouldn't be a bad idea.
cityruler is offline   Reply With Quote